Discover the perfect combination of French onion soup and cheesy toast.
The ingredient of French onion soup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 medium (about 600g) brown onions, thinly sliced
- 1L (4 cups) Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 250mls (1 cup) dry white wine
- Salt & ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 thick slices French stick
- 80g gruyere cheese, grated
The instruction how to make French onion soup
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onions and cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until they are soft and slightly browned.
- Add the stock and wine and simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. (See microwave tip.) Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, preheat grill on medium-high. Divide the soup among heat-resistant serving bowls and place 1 slice of bread in each bowl. Sprinkle the cheese evenly over the bread. Place the bowls under preheated grill and cook for 3-4 minutes or until the cheese melts. Serve immediately.
Nutritions of French onion soupfatContent: 331.254 calories
saturatedFatContent: 17 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 6 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 23 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 9 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 13 grams protein
sodiumContent: 22 milligrams cholesterol